After a turbulent past couple of years filled with uncertainty and constant change, make 2022 the year to create positive momentum and set yourself up for success with affirmations.
While repeating positive affirmations to yourself may seem far-fetched for some, these little phrases have the power to create exciting opportunities – and it all happens by simply rejigging your brain.
A study published in Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience in 2015 used MRI to find that practising affirmations activates the reward and pleasure centres of your brain.
Researchers also found affirmations work as a defence mechanism by reminding you of the things you cherish in life, adding to our self-worth and physical wellbeing.
"In addition, increased reward/valuation regions during self-affirmation was associated with decreases in sedentary behaviour following the affirmation intervention," the study stated.
Through using affirmations, you are able to teach your brain a new way to think about the world, as well as convince your brain through repetition that you will achieve your goals.
Affirmations are also a way to stop you from thinking negatively. It is easy to get worn down when things aren’t going your way, so it’s important to remind yourself when in doubt. Daily affirmations are a way to fuel your subconscious mind and encourage positive thinking, all the while staying focused on your goal or purpose.
While there are thousands of affirmations to choose from, you can also create your own. The best are simple, direct and specific. And if you’re not quite sure where to start, here are some of the most effective affirmations for success.
Affirmations for success in 2022
- I embrace change seamlessly and rise to the new opportunity it presents.
- I have everything I need to succeed.
- There is something in this world that only I can do. That is why I am here.
- I do not rush through my life, I temper speed with stillness.
- The universe is filled with endless opportunities for my career.
- Today, I abandon old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- I am not afraid of failures. I learn from my mistakes and turn failures into favourable results.
- I can’t do everything today, but I can take one small step.
- Letting go creates space for opportunities to come.
- There is strength in quiet. There is vulnerability in being loud.
- I can never fail, for everything that happens contributes to me being better.
- Every day I will become more confident, powerful, and successful.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for a reason.
- I am brimming with ambition.
- I am the architect of my fate. I can achieve what I have dreamed for myself.
- I am a dream chaser.
- I will do what no-one else is willing to do.
- I am worthy of investing in myself.
- I can be soft in my heart and firm in my boundaries.
- I have the power to reach my career goals.
- I will listen more than I speak.
- There is room for me at the table.
- I am optimistic because today is a new day.