In celebration of The CEO Magazine’s 10th Executive of the Year Awards, we’ve added some new categories inspired by the triumphs of those industries.
So which category is right for you?
From Entrepreneur of the Year to Sales Executive of the Year, explore the 20 categories and see if you fit the eligibility criteria. Apply today!
Have a question? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make the application process for the Executive of the Year Awards as easy as possible, so, for 2021, we’re excited to announce a number of new categories.
• CEO of the Year – A$100 million+ turnover
• CEO of the Year – A$50m-A$100m turnover
• CEO of the Year – A$0–50m turnover
Our major award is for a CEO of an Australian business. This year, our major award is being split into three categories dependent on annual turnover in the past 12 months.
As part of this application, you will be asked to submit a supporting video introducing yourself and your company financials. Finalists must also be available for an interview with the judges (if necessary).
The winners of CEO of the Year will be featured in our December ANZ magazine.
• Managing Director of the Year
This award is for a Managing Director of an Australian business.
• CFO of the Year
This award is for a Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance or Treasurer of an Australian business.
• COO of the Year
This award is for a Chief Operating Officer or Director of Operations of an Australian business.
• Marketing Executive of the Year
This award is for a Marketing Executive, Director of Marketing, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Brand Officer or similar. The category includes internal marketing strategy and external client-based strategy.
• Executive Assistant of the Year
This award is for an Executive Assistant working for an Australian business.
• HR and Recruitment Executive of the Year
This category is for both HR and/or Recruitment Executives working for an Australian business. The category includes internal company relations and external agencies.
• Media & PR Executive of the Year
This new category is for a Director of Communications, Content Executive, Media Executive, Director of Public Relations, Social Media Executive, Media Strategist or similar. The category includes internal marketing strategy and external agencies.
• Sales Executive of the Year
This new award is for a Sales Executive, Account Manager or similar directly responsible for sales within an Australian business.
• Not-For-Profit Executive of the Year
This category is for a senior executive working for an Australian Not-For-Profit organisation.
• Professional Services Executive of the Year
This category is for a senior executive working in the professional services industry. This includes, but is not limited to, architectural and surveying services, accounting services, property management, engineering consulting, building and construction, IT services, environmental consulting, legal services, veterinary services and scientific research services.
• NEW: Real Estate Executive of the Year
This new award is for a senior executive working for a real estate agency as director, broker, property manager, consultant, sales agent or similar.
• NEW: Global Pioneer Executive of the Year
This new award is for a senior executive who has introduced new international opportunities to an Australian business.
• NEW: Corporate Responsibility Executive of the Year
This new award is for an individual leading corporate, social and/or environmental responsibility in an Australian business. The category includes internal strategy and external client-based strategy.
• Start-up Executive of the Year
This award is for a Founder, Co-Founder or executive of a business that has been established, founded and/or incorporated since 1 January 2018, with close or substantial connections within the Australian business community.
• Young Executive of the Year
This award is for an executive of an Australian business. Applicant must be 35 years or under as of 30 June 2021.
• NEW: Entrepreneur of the Year
This new award is for a risk-taking entrepreneur who turned an idea into a financially successful business.
• Lifetime Achievement Award
Please note that this award does not accept applications.
This award is for an individual to recognise their contributions and outstanding leadership within the Australian business community over the span of their career. Former recipients of this award include Gina Rinehart and Harry Triguboff.
Do you meet the criteria?
In order for us to recognise the best executives in Australia, there are a few ‘must-haves’ for all applications. If you have any questions about these, please contact email@example.com.
To be an eligible applicant you must:
• Be able to demonstrate excellence in your role.
• Be employed in a full-time position in a private, public, not-for-profit or government organisation, or a registered charity in Australia.
• Have an annual turnover of more than A$3 million (This excludes the CEO of the Year Awards, Not-For-Profit, Start-up and entrepreneur categories).
• Reside in Australia.
• Work for an organisation that has an Australian Business Number/ACN.
• Be available (if necessary) for an interview with the judges (finalists only).
• Be available (if necessary) for a photoshoot (finalists only).
• Be available to attend the Awards Ceremony in Sydney on Thursday 18 November 2021.
To be an eligible applicant you must not:
• Have filed for bankruptcy.
• Be affiliated with The CEO Magazine through investments or donations.
• Have been a judge in the 2019 or 2020 Executive of the Year Awards.
Know someone worthy of recognition? Nominate them today. We highly encourage nominations for all categories. Once you have nominated, the individual will have to complete the application questions themselves in order to be eligible for the award. Please note a nomination alone is not a completed application.